Friday, April 2, 2010

Bare Naked Postcards


I thought that you might like to see a collage of the Bare Naked Postcards that I swapped with some members of the Fiber Art Mixed Media, Ning group. The object was to make arty postcards (4" X 6" format) and mail them out "Bare Naked" (without an envelope) to their next destinations. Two of these were swapped in Ontario and the rest to the U.S. A fun swap, but I'm still still waiting for four to return to me. I love receiving exciting mail! As soon as all 7 arrive (8 including mine), I will post another collage.

One of my new favourite techniques is a serendipity type of acrylic monoprint that I used on these PC's. They include angelina fibres, painted stitch witchery, free motion machine embroidery and hand embroidery. A colourful series of landscapes!

Enjoy your Easter weekend!!

5 comments:

Karen S said...

Those are so cool!

Welcome to blogging...

kaiteM said...

i get it - so these are all yours. they look wonderful, interesting combination of techniques and inspiring colours. |<.

Fibreartist said...

Congratulations Amri! I look forward to reading your blog!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks, everyone!

Rachel Murphree said...

Really really cool!!!!!!!