Monday, October 11, 2010

a little local colour



All photos in this post are taken at the Evergreen Brickworks in Toronto. The colours in this particular area have not quite reached their peak, despite the fact that other areas of Toronto have. It's been a strange year! The Don Valley Parkway is absolutely spectacular right now, but I can't snap a shot when I'm driving at 100 kms.

I don't have much to say today, so I believe I'll let the pictures do the talking. Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!



















Okay, I just need to say one more thing. When I looked at this sculpture, I thought that it was an interesting abstract piece of rusty metal. It wasn't until I uploaded the pictures, I realized that it was a pair of work boots! Giggle!

8 comments:

kaiteM said...

beautiful colours, and it shows we need to stand back a little sometimes. i really like how you've superimposed the boots over the house wall. k.

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing! After moving from Michigan to Oregon last November, I really miss those fall colors. We have a little here, but most of the trees are all evergreen.

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Thanks!

Kaite, I believe that the big picture is just as important as all of the details. Sometimes, even more so! As for the boots, I would call that a fortunate accident, but I'm happy that it worked!

Becky, I'm originally from Vancouver, B.C., so I know exactly what you're talking about! The yellow and green out there is nice, but really can't compare to the vibrant reds and oranges you get here. Warm days, cool nights and sugar maples have an awful lot to do with it.

Rachel Murphree said...

you have such GORGEOUS fall colors! I'm envious, but I wouldn't trade for all the snow and cold you get there! beautiful pictures.

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Rachel,

I do like the changing seasons, but agree that we could do without the brrrrr and the "s" word!!

Rachel Murphree said...

AM, can I use the photo of your beautiful leaves to paint from? love it!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Be my guest, but make sure you let me know when you post the painting on your blog.

Southaven Furniture Assembly said...

Very nice blog you have herre